Welcome to Tech Day! The main purpose of class today is to get you signed up for, and comfortable with, the various websites and online services you'll be using in our class this year.
ISD LAPTOP LOG-IN INSTRUCTIONS:
USERNAME: First 4 letters of last name, first 3 of first name, 2 digit grad year (BukeWil20)
PASSWORD: Seven digit (7) ASB number (1234567)
Please follow the instructions below in order:
1. Turn It In
- Please go to www.turnitin.com
- If you have an account, log-in. If you don't create one
- Once you're logged in, click the "Enroll in a Class"
- For the class ID, please use 13396416
- For the password, use petersen
2. Google Survey
Please complete the following short survey via Google Forms:
3. Google Chrome (or Firefox) Bookmarks (if installed on your laptop)
- Sign in to your user profile (Google or Firefox)
- Go to the website you want saved, click the the yellow star in the address bar AND RENAME the webpage to something short that makes sense to YOU.
- Create book marks for the following:
Actively Learn (listed below)
Turn It In
4. Actively Learn
- Go to www.activelylearn.com
- Create an account if you don't have one already
- Next to "Classes" in the top left corner, click the plus button to add a class
- Join the class "ee589"
- Complete the reading titled "What is Critical Reading"
When you finish, please use the remainder of your time to complete your "Thinking Traps" chart from Friday. These are due tomorrow in class.