I'm out today. Please use class today to work with your group on the chapters listed below as well as the following questions. Each group needs to turn in ONE sheet of paper with their responses by the end of class.
1. What methods of torture are used?
2. What do we learn about Marji from her admiration of the "heroes" in this chapter?
3. What does the US Constitution say about torture?
4. Is torture ever justified?
Moscow and The Sheet
1. What does Anoosh represent to Marji? Cite at least 3 panels to support your answer.
1. What changes are happening to the country? Write down at least 5 examples.
2. What techniques does the Iranian Government use to oppress its people?
3. What techniques does our government use to oppress its people?
4. How is religion used in this chapter?
F-14s:1. What is the difference between patriotism and nationalism?
2. What are some examples of patriotism in our country?
3. What are some examples of nationalism in our country?
4. How would you describe Marjane and her family’s feelings toward Iran?