Today we finished Selma before starting to talk about JFK.
Your homework (due Wednesday) is to read Chapters 47.1-47.3 and answer the following questions:
1. Why does your textbook refer to this era as "The Age of Camelot"?
2. What does JFK's inaugural address tell you about him?
3. What allowed Kennedy to defeat Nixon in the Election of 1960?
4. What was Kennedy's "New Frontier" program? What were its concrete goals?
5. Why did Kennedy struggle to pass legislation?
6. What was Kennedy's economic plan?
7. Why was Kennedy cautious in regards to Civil Rights?
8. What do Kennedy's actions with NASA tell you about him?
9. What was the Bay of Pigs landing? What was its result?
10. What was the Cuban Missile Crisis? How did Kennedy handle this situation?
11. What did Kennedy do to ease Cold War tensions?
12. What was Kennedy's goal in creating the Peace Corps?